6-06-2017 Political Nuggets….
- At a White House meeting today, President Donald Trump will press congressional leaders to pass a health care overhaul bill and raise the debt ceiling before the August recess, his legislative director said. If successful, the fall legislative calendar would likely be devoted to tax reform and government spending bills. (Roll Call)
- Reality Leigh Winner, a 25-year-old federal contractor for Pluribus International Corp. who had a top secret security clearance, was arrested in connection with a leaked National Security Agency report (HuffPost). The NSA document says Russian military intelligence officers attempted a cyberattack on a voting software company and local election officials in the United States shortly before Election Day. ( The Intercept)
- Trump will not invoke executive privilege to block former Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey from testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, the White House said. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Trump endorsed a plan backed by House Republicans that would move the nation’s air traffic control away from the Federal Aviation Administration to a nonprofit group. He said the shift would result in fewer fees for passengers. (Politico)
- Registered voters are moving away from congressional Republicans and toward Democrats on key policy issues such as health care and the economy, according to an analysis of weekly polling this year. (Morning Consult)